The wasps with flying insects that have a sting in the back, their sting is very painful and the poison can cause in some extreme cases an anaphylactic shock, find out if you are allergic to wasps with this article.
Do I have a wasp allergy?
It is important to know if you are allergic to wasp stings, since if exposed to them you could die with only a few bites.
One of the signs that you can take into account is to analyze the local reaction of a wasp sting, if the reaction extends to more than 10 cm in diameter consult a specialist.
In the same way to persist the reaction for more than 24 hours you must go to the specialist to diagnose the possible wasps allergy and avoid problems in the future.
There are also skin tests that a specialist can perform to determine the allergy to wasps, so you do not expose yourself to the bite of this insect.
Reaction to the wasp sting
The reaction that should be considered in these cases is the appearance of a reddened wheal in the area of the bite, usually swells a little and feels an itch.
In cases of anaphylactic shocks, which is the most critical result of an allergic reaction, there may be itching on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet, there may be respiratory problems such as asphyxia or cardiorespiratory arrest, accompanied by loss of knowledge
What to do if I am allergic to the wasps?
After the specialist performs the corresponding test can diagnose the allergy and give you a very effective treatment, it is a vaccine which must be applied once a month for five years.
According to experts, this treatment has a 95% effectiveness and helps to avoid serious reactions during the next ten years. On the other hand, if you find out if you are allergic to wasps, it is best to stay away from them.